13 Apr 2010 @ 5:53 PM

The Dark Lord Day “Don’t Be a Douchebag” Challenge

The challenge: To not be a total freakin’ douchebag.

The prize: I send you my two Dark Lord tickets, and you get beer.

The catch: You also use one of the tickets for me, and send me the beer.

What? Exactly. So what happened was this: Dark Lord tickets went on sale. “Awesome!”, thought I, “I’ll check that out!” And then I looked at the cost of the tickets and thought, “That’s reasonable – all I have to do is get to Indiana on Dark Lord Day.. how hard could that be?”

Well, as it turns out, I’m already committed that weekend, so no overnight roadtrip to Indiana will be made. That means that you, my friend, can profit. I will give you one of my tickets, if you send me some Dark Lord. I will even cover the cost of shipping.

Edited to note: I’ll pay for my portion of the Dark Lord. All I need from you is pickup and (safe) mailing.

How do I participate? You write, in the comments here, a good reason why I should trust you to not be a total asshat and keep all the beer – or worse – turn around and sell my tickets for money. I’ll pick a winner and contact you individually about how to work out the transaction.

Tags Tags: ,
Categories: new beer
Last Edit: 13 Apr 2010 @ 06 04 PM

1. christopher says:

Got an idea. If any other non-dbags out there want to do this please do for my sake. I don’t think I stand to benefit from this deal but hate to see tix go to waste.

2. Hart says:

I’ll BIF 5 of the bottles and drink the 6th.

3. Joe says:

You should give them to me becuase I THOUGHT I was committed for that weekend and now I’m not! I own 2 liquor stores and was going to bring a bunch of beer down to trade and of course bring back some Dark Lord… I’d love to help! 🙂

Joe

4. Russ says:

You got an agent who’s closer than me? Chicago’s about 5 hours. And I’ve got no plans for that day yet.

5. bazin! says:

I would happily buy us both some Dark Lord and mail you your share. I’ll be visiting Chicago that week and was planning to go to DLD with my parents despite not having tickets. I live in CO though, and it sounds like you have some closer (cheaper) shipping options. Sorry to hear you can’t make it.

6. No Douche says:

Isn’t the definition of a douche bag taking advantage of someone because you have something they want.

NON-DOUCHE BAG MOVE = SELL AT COST TO SOMEONE NEEDY SINCE YOU CAN”T GO!!!!

EVERYTHING ELSE IS TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE FACT YOU BOUGHT TICKETS, CANT USE THEM, AND WANT TO CONVERT A NEEDY PERSON TO A MULE.

Deleting this post = douche bag thing.

• erik says:

I won’t delete it.

I’m not sure you understand. I am willing to *give* one ticket to someone if they will just use the OTHER one to get me some beer, that I will buy, and send it to me on my dime.

I’d call that pretty non-douchebaggy. But.. y’know, whatever you want.

• erik says:

Or, you know, in your case, since you’re in North Carolina, you wouldn’t even have to send it to me. I could pick it up.

I might have even paid part of your gas. But you had to be an anonymous all-caps guy.

Your loss.

7. Robert Garren says:

Hey Erik,

I would be very interested in having the honor of getting these tickets. You and I actually meet at the sexual chocolate release in winston, and you talked me into doing a vertical tasting of bigfoot with you. I live in Martinsville Va, and I actually swing through the chapel hill I-40 section very often on my way to Wilmington. I am actually going to Chapel Hill tonight (4/14) and hitting the Duck Rabbit tasting at Carborro bev on the way home. This would save you the mailing hassle because I could simply pick up the tickets, and even bring your bottles to you afterward to eliminate any shipping mishaps. I have vacation all next week and have never been to DLD, and this would be the perfect chance to pick my friend up in Johnson City Tenn, and road trip out there. If we can work something out let me know projectert@gmail.com

8. Erik,

Nate and I are both going. So, if nothing else works out, we’ll get them for you. Since, I don’t know the bottle limit, yet I may want to get more (if it’s only three or something like that). At any rate, I think I don’t need to put an apologetic as to why you should trust me. We got some people who could stand in an buy the beer. Anyway, I’d love to get the bottles for you if you don’t find someone else. I’m not desperate to get a ton more Dark Lord, so I’d even be happy to get a little bit more than the one tickets worth for you. Let me know if something else doesn’t work out.

• Anahi says:

16aef3519dI loved as much as you will receive cirraed out right here. The sketch is tasteful, your authored material stylish. nonetheless, you command get bought an nervousness over that you wish be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come more formerly again as exactly the same nearly very often inside case you shield this increase. 185